Applications must be submitted through the abstract portal.
The application deadline is 5 March 2021 and NO LATE APPLICATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED
Applications should contain the following documents:
- Short (max. 150 words) motivation for the financial assistance application, including a summary of current research, financial need and how attending the International Pathogenic Neisseria Conference will benefit the applicant’s future academic career. This document needs to show that all criteria listed below are met.
- Copy of front page of passport.
An applicant can apply for IPNC Financial Assistance and / or a travel grant if they meet the required criteria.
Kindly note, you will need to upload the above-mentioned document (MS Word or PDF files will be accepted).
Who will qualify?
Scientists, clinicians and researchers from low-income countries, who are working in the field are eligible to apply. Only participants who have a poster or oral presentation accepted will be considered.
What will a travel grant cover?
The amount of the financial assistance will be determined by the Financial Assistance Committee, subject to availability of funds and will be awarded on merit.
Travel grant criteria:
Travel Grants are subject to the following criteria:
- Applicant must be 35 years and younger, or qualified within the last 10 years
- Applicant must be from an LMIC country
- Applicant must have first authorship of a submitted abstract that is included in the official IPNC 2020 conference programme
- Quality of research will be considered
For any queries on Bursary / Travel Grant Applications please contact Tanys Van Staden
Tel: +27 (0)11 463 5085
PLEASE NOTE: An applicant can only receive one financial award and all applicants will be notified before the 1st May 2020.
We know that we live in extraordinary times that requires an effective strategy to deal with COVID-19.
This has an impact on IPNC 2020 that was scheduled to take place from 6 to 11 September 2020 at Spier Hotel & Conference venue, Stellenbosch, South Africa.
The health and safety of all participants and partners is our highest priority, and in response, IPNC2020 organisers and Scientific Advisory Panel have taken the decision to postpone the event by one year. The new dates are 19 t0 24 September 2021.
If you have already registered, you don’t need to do anything as we will move your registration to the new dates.
We are all in this together!